Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The New Phone Books Are Here!!

So if you Google my blog name, it now comes up in the search!  Yes, my friend Lee's blog comes up first, but still, mine does come up.  It didn't before, I've been checking.  Other blogs came up like, "We lived on a boat", but not my blog.

Hooray!!  I feel like I am somebody now.  Like Steve Martin's character Navin R. Johnson in the classic comedy The Jerk when he finally gets his name listed in the phone book:

Navin - "The new phone books are here!  The new phone books are here!"
Navin's boss, Harry Hartounian - "Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing."
Navin - "Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now."
Cut to scene of a sniper in his apartment who opens a phone book and randomly points to a name - "Johnson, Navin R.  Sounds like a typical bastard."


No comments:

Post a Comment