Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Big Island Pics

On the coast near the Hawaiian Botanical Gardens in Hilo.  I went exploring on the 2nd day in town and found this great little cove.
 This is on the coast near one of the (run down) resorts in the Hilo Bay.
My local surf spot, Honoli'i.  I took this before I even went down there.  I drove over this bridge and looked down and saw this awesome surf spot and later found out it's one of the few good local spots.  Great view from this bridge, probably 150 ft. up.
 Here's the "Palm Tree Alley" I described in an earlier post.  Look how green the palms are and how pastey white I am.  Hey, it was my second day here, pre-Hawaii tan.
 Akaka Falls just outside of town.  Pronounce it like what you see when you open a baby's diaper.
Cool looking island flower.  I have no idea what it is.  Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Mike. This is my little, "getaway," when I can absorb the peaceful surroundings you post for us and imagine being there. Thanks! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the self-portraits. You, pre-Hawaii tan, are beginning to favor your brother.

    ReplyDelete