Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Addendum to "I Can't Complain"

In my previous post I mentioned that I snorkeled at Leleiwi Beach, but I saw no sign there that said "Leleiwi Beach" and as it turns out I was not at Leleiwi Beach.  Like Columbus who wrote about finding the peoples of the East Indies when he really found the peoples of the Caribbean, I was mistaken.  Yes, my story is very similar to that of Columbus.  Columbus wishes he had a blog.

So, since I really saw no sign at all at this particular spot (common here on The Big Island) I'll just say it's a small park just north-ish of Richardson's Beach, which most certainly will be designated on maps and in guidebooks.  Richardson's Beach also offers some great snorkeling as well, but can be a little more crowded.  In fact, I don't think I was at a typical snorkeling spot at all, but it was incredible just the same, maybe more so because I had the spot to myself.

And as guidebooks go, someone gave me (probably Mystyn or Cindy) a really good one called "Hawaii:  The Big Island Revealed".  I recommend it for anyone traveling to any of the Hawaiian Islands.  The publisher offers a similar one for each of the main islands.  This one is written by Andrew Doughty and it's published by Wizard Publications.  They accept no money from businesses (restaurants, resorts, parks, etc.) that they endorse or bash, and visit them all anonymously.  Reading through it, I discovered that I was not at my intended destination of Leleiwi Beach, so now I have to go back and find Leleiwi. 

I'll report about the real Leleiwi after I visit it.

Aloha

2 comments:

  1. Ok Dog, I'm officially caught up, good stuff brah! Just hope you aren't talking like Dog the bounty hunter next time I see you, haha ;)

    Shaka, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still having trouble posting comments, Mike, but I'm getting in the habit of checking your blog on a somewhat regular basis and am really enjoying living vicariously through your adventures. More, more!! Peace, Renee

    ReplyDelete